Newsletter Archive Allows You Access to Back Issues of "Quick Notes"
Approximately monthly we send subscribers the Useful Community Development newsletter called "Quick Notes." Some visitors have asked us to make prior issues available, so below we give you the links. We also give you the article titles or topics to help you find material of interest.
Lately every newsletter gives you a convenient list of the pages that have been built during the previous month.
If you want to subscribe yourself, you are certainly most welcome to do so. A form is found at the bottom of nearly every page of the website. We appreciate your interest.
- September, 2017. Best go-to web resources for different types of communities and community development situations; a note about security on our site.
- August, 2017. Five steps to solid partnerships between non-profits such as a neighborhood association or community development corporation, and other entities; reminders about submitting community development questions or ideas to this website.
- June-July, 2017. Counting your community's (non-financial) assets instead of liabilities.
- May, 2017. Community resilience, the capacity to bounce back from natural and manmade disasters.
- April, 2017. Thinking about saying yes to housing density along some arterial and collector streets.
- March, 2017. Seven awesome items for your community "to do" list this spring. These include plantings, clean-ups, bridging community divides, planning to send your leaders for some neighborhood leadership skill-building, and more.
- February, 2017. Pop-up businesses, temporary bike lanes and parklets, and other quick, cheap, grassroots experiments to expand the imagination about what is possible or test a community improvement concept.
- January, 2017. Smart growth: Local small steps are key.
- December, 2016. Organizational planning, the light-hearted approach to New Year's planning, community-oriented resolutions for individuals.
- November, 2016. Reminder of New E-Book on Starting a Neighborhood Association, When It Feels Like Community Is Falling Apart (A Reflection on When Politics Divides), Holiday Events to Plan Now
- October, 2016. Autumn Newsletter Ideas, Starting a Neighborhood Association: Our New E-Book
- August, 2016. What to Do About Vacant Commercial Space, Little Free Libraries
- July, 2016, 3 Causes and 3 Solutions for Conflict in Community Organizations, Some Tips for Successful Back-to-School Events
- June, 2016, 7 Questions to Ask about Summer Fairs, Parades, Fireworks, and...Projects; Help Us Help You; Flowers Make a Big Impact
- May, 2016, 5 Tips for Suburban Socializing, Adding Population to Rural Areas, The Latest on Neighborhood Effects
- April, 2016, Welcome to Quick Notes; Medical Centers, Hospitals, Universities Can Anchor Portions of Your City; It's Spring But Any Season Works for a Clean-Up; Cooperate Across Boundaries for Best Rural Areas
Thanks for checking out the back issues of Useful Community Development Quick Notes.