Sitemap for Useful Community Development
The Useful Community Development sitemap, like our navigaton menu, is divided into three major headings, which are shown in capital letters below.
1. The major topics with links directly from the home page are shown in larger type.
2. Arranged under the bold headings are the content pages, shown as links.
3. Items under Aspects of Community Development on the navigation bar are shown first, arranged alphabetically according to topic grouping, with each page shown underneath.
4. After those major content divisions, we show links to the two visitor-generated content headings and sub-headings.
5. Lastly we show the items under Site Information in the navigation bar.
Want to search the site instead of look at its structure?
Sitemap with Space Between the Sections
Please note that visitor contributions are not included in this index, but will be
concentrated on the pages under Community Development Questions and
Community Development Ideas, below.
ASPECTS OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Community or Neighborhood Organizations
Deed restrictions and covenants
Definition of Community Development (Comm Dev Overview on the navigation bar)
City or Community Planning
Sprawl (and Regional Governance and Economics), and How They Affect Your Neighborhood (Sprawl on the navigation bar)
Zoning and Subdivision Regulations
Community Development Ebooks (gateway to learning about and purchasing ebooks by authors on this site)
Community Development Ideas
(Visitor Ideas, "Bests," Stories on the navigation bar) is open for
visitor submissions under the bullet categories shown in blue and bold face
below. We are gradually adding the names of the visitor-originated pages in parentheses after each category.
- community improvement projects, ideas, comments, and recommendations from visitors (includes
Innovative New City Hall
Complex Re-Uses Agricultural Buildings , "Rocky" Small
Rural Town Makes Big Splash and Brands Weldon NC, Kennedy Gardens Neighborhood in Action , Street Closures for Parks and Parklets , With So Much Vacant Land, Maybe It's Time
for an Urban Forest , Entrepreneurs Can Use the HUB Zone in
Urban Core Areas , Unbanked People Feed the Payday Loan Store
Problem , Noise Ordinance , Involvement Is Still Everything , and What's Up with Choice Neighborhoods? )
Visitor Community Development Question (ask one and probably receive an online answer or several from editors and/or visitors)
Note: Recently we have started separating out the questions and answers into categories. Many questions and answers that fall outside of the categories below have remained in the general questions page linked just above (includes Promise to Planning Board Not Kept, Is There a List of Current CDCs, Project Management Cycle in Community Development, Start a Community-Based Non-Profit Organization, Who Is a Community Developer, Monitoring Community Development, Vines on Home: Code Violation or Landscaping Enhancement, Significance of Strong Institutions in Governance, Locked Out of Home in Probate, How far can the
city go in forcing citizens to obey codes?, What is a CDFI , Developer
Extending Our Neighborhood , Community Clean Up
Projects Helping Individuals , Taking Possession
of Abandoned House , Can Bed and
Breakfast Become Group Home? , City Sign
Regulations Too Tough on New Business , Code Enforcement
Right to Enter Property , Retention Pond
Ownership and Maintenance , Neighbor Tree
Trimming Issue , Serial Pest in the
Neighborhood , Combining
subdivided lots , Restoring an
historic "town square" , Old building needs
love , Felt needs
community development theory , How to regulate
food trucks , Beautification
Projects cost money and North Carolina provides Special Funding or Grants , Community
Development tradeoffs , How to become an
urban planning consultant , City Involvement
in a CDC , Indigenous Culture
and Community Development , Non-functioning
HOA , Multiple CDC's , Code enforcement
targeting an individual , Elected officials
and a CDC , Objection to
neighbors variance , Definition of
Economic Development Corporation , Elected Officials
and Ordinance Enforcement , Auto Repair
Business vs. Boat Repair Business , Recognition as a
Community Development Corporation , Is Urban Sprawl a
Problem , Finding a
Manufacturer of small community event artifacts? , Aims and
Objectives of Community Development , Essential Steps in
Strategic Planning for Communities , Searching for
Measurement Scales ,Questionnaires, and Surveys for A Thesis , How can a community
improve a neighborhood , How community can
evaluate their parks , How do you give a
neighborhood character? , Saw the New Page
about Recycling Buildings , and
1960s Suburb Needs
Still under Visitor Submitted Community Development Questions, we have sorted as many questions as possible into the following categories. Note that on the category pages, such as civic engagement question (the first one below), you can find the form for submitting your question, which will be answered by editors and-or visitors if your question is chosen. We're showing links to the individual question-and-answer pages in parentheses after the category name.
- deed restriction question
(includes Deed Restrictions Next Door Being Violated, Additional Set of Deed Restrictions, Not Informed About Covenants and Restrictions, Rule Breaking Neighbors Going to Sell, Builder Does Not Meet Subdivision Restrictions, Deed Restrictions on Parking on Street, Does Foreclosure Erase Deed Restrictions, Building Codes Versus Deed Restrictions, Deed Restriction Requires 30-Foot Setback, Covenant Protecting Mountain View, How to Change Covenants, Deed Restriction Based on Race, House Exempted from HOA, Deed Restriction Enforcement Without HOA Management, Can Rezoning Overturn Deed Restrictions, How HOA Can Enforce Covenants, Zoning Administrator Splits Lot Contrary to Covenant, How to Abolish Deed Restrictions, Can Successor Developer Ignore Covenants, Indoor Sprinkler System Required in Covenants, Signing Deed Restriction, Limit on Subdivision, Adding a Restriction to My Deed, Restriction May Prohibit Son from Building House, Lack of Enforced Deed Restrictions, Restriction on Commercial Use Versus Rental Property, Responsibility for Outlots in a Suburb, Covenants Not Listed on My Deed, Quit Claim Deed Received for Adjoining Lot, HOA Restriction Requiring a Golf Course, Expired
covenants and no HOA
Deed Restriction On My Property,
Deed Violate Approved Site Plan?, Lifting
deed restrictions on rural property, Chickens
and an HOA, Developer
influencing vote on restrictive covenant, Opposition
to Deed Restrictions,
restriction limit land use,
violates deed restriction,
Restrictions Requiring Residency, Neighborhood
HOA FL, Lack of
Enforcement of Deed Restrictions, Can deed
restrictions limit use allowed by zoning?, and Do our deed
restrictions supersede a spot zoning)
- housing questions (includes 1960s Rental Unit Found Unpermitted, Must Screened Porches Be Clean, Code Enforcement Letter Received, Saving Abandoned House from Demolition, HOA board getting too powerful, Can CDCs have employees, Moving into an Abandoned Home, Not Enforcing Town Code, Right to stay in same government housing apartment, Need down payment assistance--Found the perfect home, Housing help for people on disability, Young For-Profit Housing Developer, Restrictions on renting, and Where to build my house)
- neighborhood quality of life (includes Could Residents and Landlords Collaborate to Plant Shrubs, New Construction Causes More Noise, Emissions and Traffic, File a Neighborhood Complaint , Can a Special Exception Be Exempt from Nuisance Laws? , Are gun buy-backs a good program for crime prevention? , Importance of Community Beautification , Slum Lords Took Over Our City , Is it legal for town to buy vacant building , Abandoned home in the village , How to get our city to condemn an empty building , Unkempt businesses , Benefits of Beautification and Addressing Boarded-Up Housing , How to own an abandoned house , LOCATING VACANT PROPERTIES and OWNERS , How can we discourage groups of teenagers in the mall? , Neighborhood Break-Ins , What can we do about people selling drugs in our neighborhood? , and What's the best way to get a grocery store?)
- zoning questions (includes Ballot Initiative Downzoning a Land Parcel, Replacement of Non-Conforming Structure, Residential to Commercial Rezoning, Does Church-Related School Require a Conditional Use Permit, Improper Notification of Zoning Variance, Rezoning When Deed Restrictions Prohibit Activity, Kennel Preventing Occupancy Permit Issuance, Rezoned Property Not Following Regulations, Are Townhomes Spot Zoning, Church Parking Lot Leased for Business Parking, Using an Apartment to Conduct Church Services, Restricting Times of Church Worship, Commercial Church Kitchen as Food Truck Commissary, Gas Station Next to My House, Permit for Church Services in a Home, Churches in Single Family Neighborhood , Zoning for Church Next Door , Church Property Rezoning , Using building as a church , More Church Zoning Questions , Why is zoning important , Zoning Permit for Signs? , Business Conditional Use Permit next to home and farm , Do I need a permit to start using my house as a church? , Fighting Hotel Zoning , Church buying residence to use for youth center does zoning allow , Illegal Fence Disagreement , How to Object to Neighbor's Variance , Auxiliary Land Improvement , Spot Zoning for Rendering Plant , Commercial driveway in a residential zone , Existing Businesses in an Incorporation , Why aren't streams included in zoning? , Counseling Business in a Residence , Stopping an unwanted business , Family reunion rental in single-family zoning? , How rezoning affects property value , Zoning changes on private property , Legislative Intent in Amending Zoning Code , City Mistakes on Zoning Requirement Adds to Financial Hardship , How to grandfather a room addition , Home Occupation Zoning - Getting Neighborhood Support , Difference between RPUD zoning and condominium zoning , Recreation Zones--Benefits and Detriments , Suitable Zones to Build Private School , Grandfathered Zoning , and Can zoning be changed without notification)
What's New is a record of the newest articles on the site and is formally titled Community Development Blog.
About Us Information about the background of our writers. Newsletter Archive provides links to back issues of our almost-monthly newsletter, Quick Notes.
Contact Us General contact form
Consulting gives information about contacting the site authors for consulting services, not about hiring consultants in general.
Affiliate Sponsorship Disclosure Sure enough, we use Google ads and might use some other sponsorships in the future. If so, we'll tell you right at the point of click.
Last but not least, this Sitemap.
Useful Community Development Website